Easy Cheesy Cauliflower Bake
This recipe is sized for two people. Adjust according to your needs.
You can prepare this ahead!
- 1/2 large head of cauliflower (about 8 oz)
- 1 tbsp butter, plus more for buttering pan
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2/3 cup shredded white cheddar cheese (2.5 oz? May try 2 oz next time) (I like Cabot Extra Sharp)
- 1/3 cup grated or shredded parmesan cheese (don't skimp and get cheap parmesan cheese with little flavor. Grate/shred it yourself, or use a good brand, like Frigo)
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Trim/break cauliflower into small (bite-sized) pieces.
- In a small pot of salted boiling water, cook the cauliflower until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain well.
- Butter a small baking sheet or shallow pan just big enough to hold a single thin layer of cauliflower pieces (I use a toaster oven pan).
- Spread the cauliflower in the pan. Pour on heavy cream, dot with butter, then sprinkle with the garlic, cheddar, parmesan, thyme, salt, and pepper. (You may find it easier to spread the garlic evenly if you mix it with the cream and/or melted and cooled butter).
- Bake at 400 degrees until the cheese is melty and starting to brown (~20 minutes)
Based on the Cheesy Cauliflower Bake recipe found at: http://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a50583/cheesy-cauliflower-bake-recipe/