Makes 12 full-sized muffins.
This is a trial recipe. The goal is to make mini crustless quiches in a muffin pan that can be frozen and kept for quick, low-carb, on-the-go breakfasts.
* 8 oz sausage
* 1/2 cup onion, diced
* 1/2 cup red bell bell pepper, diced
* 12 eggs
* 2 tsp salt
* 1 tsp black pepper
* 3 cloves garlic, minced/pressed
* 1 tsp grated ginger
* 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
* 1/2 cup chopped spinach (fresh)
* cooking spray
* brown sausage and chop
* lightly sautée onion and bell pepper to soften slightly
* beat eggs with salt and pepper
* Mix in all other ingredients
* Grease/spray the compartments of a full-sized muffin pan. Fill each compartment 1/3-1/2 full with egg mixture.
* Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until a knife comes out clean
Source: David Woodley Wilkins. Created based on 4 online recipes.