This recipe has an ingredient that may surprise you... soy sauce! Apparently, though, that's the "secret ingredient" in Jimmy John's awsome tuna salad. This recipe is sized for two people.
- 3 well-drained 5 oz cans of chunk light tuna (I prefer StarKist)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup finely diced white onion (about 1/4 of a small onion)
- 1/4 cup finely diced celery stalk (about one stalk)
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp mayonnaise (5 tbsp)
- In a generous sized bowl, mix the soy sauce with the drained tuna.
- Mix in onion, celery, and mayonnaise.
- Cover and place in refrigerator to chill.
Based on Copycat Jimmy Johns Tuna Salad Recipe found at: http://www.food.com/recipe/copycat-jimmy-johns-tuna-salad-receipe-505732